Saturday, July 13, 2013

Shop til Drop in Myeong-dong

Trip to Seoul



My fifth day in Seoul. Our first pit-stop was Seoul Animation Centre. There was nothing much there but I was amused by the animation developed by them. I just knew that Pororo was designed by the Korean. Whoaaa... Here's some of the photo taken in Seoul Animation Centre. The entrance fee was free but I think we need to pay some money to go and watch the movie there. Besides, there was also a stop motion studio there. 













Even the toilet looks nice. The photos below taken in the toilet. I was trying hard to hide the toilet bowl. All the art behind there was a drawing. Cool right?



The children toilet

Then, we walked to the nearest subway to Myeong-dong. While walking to the subway, there was this medical centre with a nice tiles in front of it. See photo below. I just couldn't help it so I took a picture with the tiles.

Love


Upon arriving Myeong-dong, I blinked my eyes and in awe to see the environment. Well, I was exaggerating a lil bit. It was a heaven for all the women out there. We were so lucky because we went to Korea during summer sales. Damn we're in luck. The prices were cheaper than in Malaysia. There's no tax too. :)

All the cosmetics thing-y were in half prices. We went into almost all the cosmetic stores there and they gave us free gifts. Who doesn't like free gifts, right? Even though it was just a face mask, I was delightful to get it for free. If you wanted to buy it, it cost KRW 1000 or more per pack. I bought face mask for Jun as she already gave me some money to buy it and Laneige face powder for Adek (she ordered it too).

The best part was, stood there were H&M, Forever 21, SPAO, Roxy, two Uniqlos and more. All of the stores there were huge. Goshhh..  Heaven on Earth for me. Ngeee... :D
Luckily I brought along some MYR in my purse. I exchange it at Wooribank and the rate was almost the same in here back home. I just bought a pair of boot at H&M with the original price was KRW 89000 and I only got it for KRW 19000. I was so damn happy. Now, that's what I called retail therapy that I wanted since my sixth semester started. Of course I bought some cosmetic stuffs for myself too. If only I knew that Myeong-dong was a shopping heaven for me earlier, I woulda save more money on clothes.
Urghh....

H&M

This coffee shop looks like a stage.
I put all my cosmetics inside the square bag. 



After 3 hours in Myeong-dong, we went to Namdaemun. Namdaemun is the best place to buy some souvenirs. My money was drained out at my shopping spree. So, I just bought a few souvenirs for my peeps back home. Sorry if you guys didn't get any. I just love to shop. 
(Satu sem taw kawal nafsu shopping ni semata nak bershopping kat Korea.)

One of the gate in Korea. Forgot the name but it was situated in
Damdaemun.


Z : To all shopaholics out there, tolong la pergi time Summer. Anyway, my original plan was to buy Korea handmade shoe. Too bad it was lined with pig skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A reader like you makes me a happy blogger. :)
Comment my entry and I'll get back to you.