Friday, July 19, 2013

Going Home (?)

Trip to Seoul
Day 1 : To Incheon We Go
Day 2 : Wandering Around in Gwanghwamun
Day 3 : Amused by Technology and Fashion
Day 4 : Fun Day in Lotte World
Day 5 : Shot til Drop in Myeong-dong




On the sixth day on my trip, I decided to stay at the guesthouse. My flu was getting worst. It's better for me to rest for a while. I just slept for the whole morning waiting for Amy and Mira to come back. Amy and I had decided to do some photoshoot in this free-day.

Soooo, I'm gonna skipped the sixth day as nothing much happened. 
Let's talk about our day 7, the last day before our flight back to Malaysia. 

*

On our last day, we went to Itaewon. What's so unique about this day was, we all went to Itaewon by wearing Baju Kurung and the guys were wearing Baju Melayu. 
So Malaysian. Lulz.
When we entered the train, all eyes were on us. I didn't know what to feel. Embarrassed? Proud? Even this ahjumma who had her eyes on her smartphone were looking at us.  

The first thing in my mind was 'meat'. It's been a weak since I ate fresh meat. Before we took our lunch, we went to the Central Korea Masjid, the only mosque in South Korea (I guess so). We did some Salam Perantauan video, the SCV Saje version and the guys stayed there as they need to perform their Jumaat prayer. 
Bajet study oversea la konon nak buat Salam Perantauan.






And as for the ladies, we all went to fulfill our stomach needs. I ate at Mr Kebab.


Chicken Kebab

I scream for ice-creammm.

During the Jumaat prayer, I sat at the women's prayer room. The khutbah was about Ramadhan and it was translated into 3 languages - Arab, English and Korea. 

Our next pit-stop right after Itaewon was Namsangol Hanok Village. I went there for a while as I need to rush to Myeong-dong to do some currency exchange and did my final shopping spree in Namdaemun (Wooribank currency rate was quite cheap though). FYI, Namdaemun closed at 6PM. So, you guys better be fast when you wanna do your shopping there. 

*

During night time, I wanted to finish all my KRW cash. I had exactly KRW 3600 in my T-Money and KRW 14000 in my purse. So, we (me, Fai, Amy and Timah) ended up using our KRW to wander around near the guesthouse.

We all went to a few coffee shops there. It was amazing. The environment was different from here. Most of the coffee houses there were 3-storey building and each one of it has its own design which can attract the customers to hang out with their friends there. 

Here in Malaysia, the barista will call out your name if your drinks are ready. However, in Korea, they will give you a disc upon payment. This disc will buzzed and light up once your drinks are ready to go.


Aahhh.. I just love the technologies and innovations in South Korea. 
When will I go there again?


Teddy Bear Cafe

Cat Cafe. Tak sempat pergi ziarah situ.
Credit : Some of the photos were taken from my friends. 





Z : After South Korea, my next destination would be ?




2 comments:

  1. you are so one damn lucky girl lahh.. haha i wish to go there too.. hmm, let's pray for the best of us la supaya dapat pergi sana (lagi)..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmg best. should put Korea into your 'going places' list...

      Delete

A reader like you makes me a happy blogger. :)
Comment my entry and I'll get back to you.