Friday, June 20, 2014

Mr Turtle

Perhentian Escapade


From my past experience, I need to wake up early as I didn't want to miss the island hopping trip. However, for Perhentian's island hopping, the trip started at 10AM. So, we took our heavy breakfast because our mission of the day was to snorkel til drop.

I was so excited as I heard there was a whale shark spotted at the Sharks Point a few days earlier. Ngeee...
I haven't learnt how to swim, thus, a life jacket is a must for me. Now, lemme tell you the cost for the island hopping, it's MYR50 to a five pit-stops aka 'point'. Our first pit-stop was the Turtle Point.

The sea was calm and crystal clear. Mr Boatman didn't want to stop at the shore. Hence, we prepared our snorkeling gear and cameras. Then, there was a sight of Mr Turtle swimming away from the boat. I was so excited to meet the turtles until I forgot to jump into the water. But first thing first. I took the Olympus Tough and try to get a snap of the turtle from the boat. I did it tapi tak puas hati. I jumped into the water and tried to chase the turtle. Unfortunately, the turtle was faster than me. It was fun watching the turtles swimming (away from us) in the sea. By the way, there are no sight of corals in this point.

Our next pit-stop was the Fish Point. So many fishes in the sea. So colourful. My friends told me that he fed a baby shark at this point and they didn't tell me. Mr Boatman said that, in this point, sometime the sharks love to swim among the fishes too as the human love to feed the fish. Don't worry, (they said) the sharks are tame here in Perhentian. -.-

Meh belanja selfie. (Photo by Azim)


After we had some fun swimming with the fishes, it's time to the dangerous part of the trip which was swimming with the sharks. Yes. The next pit-stop was the Sharks Point. When it came to this point, we were afraid. Afraid of the sharks, duhh. However, it will be a lost if we didn't swim here. The next thing we knew, all of us jumped into the sea (including Mr Boatman). He seems loved to swim at this point. As we jumped into the sea, the boys were swimming towards the Caucasians. They said that they spotted a shark swimming at that area. I swam and swam. Alas, there were no sharks on sight. Just a few minutes in the sea, we were tired of swimming. There were less people here. And the currents are pretty strong here. No wonder we felt so tired as soon as we got into the water. No sharks on sight. Soooo, better luck next time.

On the next pit-stop, it was Kampung Nelayan. It's lunch time. I don't know the price of foods there as we already ate our heavy breakfast in the morning. We just sat at the stall and drank Iced Tea. Sedap babe pekena air sejuk time tengah panas camtuh. We didn't bother to go into the village. Just be sure to wear a proper attire if you wanna go wandering around the village.

Before we went to our last pit-stop, Azim's asked everyone permissions on the boat to go to the lighthouse. The lighthouse trip was not inside the package. Thus, we need to add another MYR10 per pax. We all agreed to go there. The boys were doing some lighthouse-jump. Whereas, I swam around and look at the beautiful corals and fishes.

The lighthouse-jump. (Photo by Azim)


Our last pit-stop was The Blue Bay. Some said it was the Romantic Bay. Anyway, we stopped for a long time there. The scene at the bay was magnificent. The crystal clear water, fishes that really loved to swim and bite your feet, the lovely couple tied their memento at the shack there and of course, the white sandy beach. If you're lucky, you'll found the turtle laying nest. And you'll never found the eggs as it already been taken by the Perhilitan to avoid poaching.

We found an egg. Turtle egg. (Photo by Azim)

*

Rugi kalau tak cuba makanan kat pulau. So, we took our dinner at one of the nearby restaurant. We ate at Meeting Point Cafe. All the restaurants at this beach is by the beach. You can feels the sand on your feet. Cool huh. So, here were some of the menu and its price. Prepare your money earlier as there were no ATM machine on the island.

Nasi Goreng Cina plus Iced Lemon Tea






No comments:

Post a Comment

A reader like you makes me a happy blogger. :)
Comment my entry and I'll get back to you.