Thursday, June 19, 2014

Lari dari PSM

It had been a hectic week. I need to finish my Advanced Computer Graphics project by 12th June. Luckily my Introduction to Speech Recognition project and Multimedia Web Programming 3rd assignment was finished before my final paper of my final exam started. Lemme brief you about that so-call hectic week or, errr, day.

I slept after 5:30AM just to finish my Chapter 5 of my PSM or also known as Final Year Project (FYP). After I checked my formatting and stuffs, I slept and woke up at 9AM to get ready and re-presented Graphics group project at 11AM. But before that, I had an appointment with my supervisor at 10AM. After I did all of that, I went to see my friends PSM presentation. They did well in their presentations, Alhamdulillah. We ate our lunch and I went back to pack my stuffs. I went to the Post Office and post my boxes back home. Next, I continued my PSM thesis til 3AM.

The next day, I woke up quite late. I need to go to Sri Putri (so-called bus station for UTM students) and fortunately I arrived on time there. I headed to KL and arrived at 2PM. Too bad, I reached home at almost 4:30PM. My cousin got lost on his way to TBS. Grr...

My journey started at 7:20PM where I arrived at Putra station. My friends waited for me there. We shoot to Terengganu and had a few pit-stops along the way. Somehow, we got lost in Terengganu. None of us were from there. We trust our instincts and the signboards too, and arrived at Kuala Besut at 4AM. Phewww...
Anyway, I slept during the whole trip. It's a loooooong journey, dude.

We felt relieved when we found this.

The four of us had our breakfast in one of the stall by the roadside. Somehow, we forgot that Sunday in Terengganu is a Monday. Be prepare with a lot of cars on the road as the weekdays started. Forget about the cars, the road is less congested and don't forget to try Nasi Dagang when you come to Terengganu. That was my first time eating a Nasi Dagang. It taste good. Yummm... 

Nasi Dage (Dagang)

After we took our breakfast, we met up with Safwan who came from Perak at one of the cafe near the Kuala Besut jetty. The boat left the jetty at 9:45AM. Make sure you don't forget to register your name at the counter in the jetty there. The boat ride took us about 45 minutes to 1 hour. That depends on the sea, of course.

Arrived in Long Beach around 10:30AM and the speedboat will stopped somewhere near the shore. Then, there was a small boat came to fetch us to the shore. Let's called it the water taxi. The taxi cost us MYR 2 per pax. After we touched down at the island, we checked in and had a little rest. We stayed in Sunrise Guesthouse. Bear in mind that on-the-spot checked in is much cheaper than the reservation one. You can get more than 50% less than than the reservation prices. But there's a consequences in doing on-the-spot checked in which is the rooms availability. Just pray hard that there's a room waiting for you if you wanted to do some on-the-spot check in.

Perhentian Besar Island

After that so-called 'a little rest', we changed our attire and went for a kayak. We ignore the Sun on our head and had fun kayaking. Ohh.. Almost forgot to mention, Long Beach is a bay. So, we kayak til we reached the rocky sides of the bay. Boys will always be boys. Safwan and Azim got up from the kayak that we used, took the GoPro and did some selfie on the big rock. While, Anis and I stayed in the kayak and waited for them. After that, we kayak til we reached the buoy. Safwan and with his crazy antics, stood up from the kayak and climbed the buoy. Annnnnd that was the buoy that separated the so-called shallow water and the deep sea.

But first, let us take a selfie. XD
Kesian Safwan kena paddle the kayak. (Photo by Azim)

After 2 hours in the sea, we were tired and went back to the shore. Took a bathe and get ready for lunch. The owner of the guesthouse allowed us to cook. That's a yay for us because I heard some of the guesthouses in the island doesn't let their guests to cook. Saved us some money on food for our first day in the island.

Bear in mind, it was hot in the island. There is no electricity in the evening. So, Safwan decided to do some jungle trekking. We all agreed as there was nothing much to do in the guesthouse. I rather see the floras and faunas in the jungle than to take a nap with no electricity.

We walked along the beach until we found a trail to the jungle. There's a trek in the jungle. Just follow the trail and you will be on top of the hill in less than half an hour. Cautions, the trek might be slippery if you don't wear any proper footwear (because I felt down time sikit lagi nak keluar dari hutan). Anyway, you still can reach the other side of the island by using a slipper. I think it's best to let the photo tell their stories.

Jungle trekking

Some of you asked, "Why do the jungle trekking if we can take a water-taxi to the other side of the island". Oh yes, you can reached the other side of the island by using the taxi but you will missed the adventure, the serenity of the jungle. By the way, the taxi will cost you MYR15 per pax and that amount of money is enough for you to eat your dinner in the island. Here are some of the views that can be seen on top of the hill.

There are solar panels and windmills up there.

Stairways to heaven (?)

Almost paradise. 

We went back to the beach at 4PM and what we could only think about was Teh O Ice. Goshhhh... Teh O Iced time panas-panas camtu adalah sangat ohsem. Imagined drinking a cold water after more than an hour in the jungle and in a very hot day. The taste of the cold water is priceless. After lepak for a while, we all went to the guesthouse. And again, I took another bath and the electricity was on at 5PM. Phewww...

During night time, there's nothing much to do. I strolled at the beach and felt the night breeze on my skin. The boys were tying the hammocks at the food stall besides the guesthouse. We all hang out and had a little chats about almost anything.

There's an open bar in front of the guesthouse. Ada firebreather babe. First time tengok tuh.

Before 12AM, dah light off taw. Luckily the boys had their own room for the night.


Perhentian Escapade



Z : And there is no DiGi Internet connection in the island. Nasib baik sempat e-mailkan kat examiner and supervisor the corrected version Chapter 5 dengan bantuan tethering internet dari Safwan. Can't wait to swim with the shark and turtle on the next day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A reader like you makes me a happy blogger. :)
Comment my entry and I'll get back to you.